https://bcsfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/BCS_Fitness02.jpg 683 1024 Brad T http://somebodyfixme.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/gym-college-station-logo.png Brad T2016-07-29 06:26:202016-07-29 06:27:03Why is it important to warm up before exercise?
Why is it important to warm up before exercise?
So why is it important to warm up before exercise? Here are the top 5 reasons you should ALWAYS (even when you are running late) properly warm up…
- Increase the bodies temperature. This enables muscles to move easier with a lesser chance of injury.
- Increase blood flow to the heart. This reduces the risk of exercise induced cardiac abnormalities.
- Increase the speed at which the nervous system fires. You’ll have better coordination, balance, and agility once your muscles are warmed up…leading to better exercise technique and less risk of injury.
- Increase blood flow to muscles and connective tissue. Basically, this creates more elasticity throughout the body…reducing risk of injury and improving performance.
- Warming up helps you mentally prepare for any impending physical demands. In other words…the warm up helps you “get your mind right!” Maybe you are not in the mood to exercise or had a rough day at work. Oftentimes, simply warming up and getting all of the bodies systems firing at a higher level will improve your state of mind.
Next time you go to the gym, invest 5-10 minutes in properly warming up…you will be doing yourself a tremendous favor.