- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1–2T sweetener of choice (honey, maple syrup, stevia), optional
- 1 serving protein of choice (See notes*) (we love Ascent protein powders!)
- 1 cup liquid of choice (milk, nut milk or water)
- 1–2T chocolate chips, optional
In a bowl, mason jar, or portable container, add your oats, sweetener, cocoa powder and protein of choice, and mix well. Add water or milk. Mix again, until fully combined.
Place the protein oats in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
Remove oats from the fridge and mix once more. If desired, add more milk/water, to desired texture. Add toppings and enjoy.
*Notes: Protein of choice is- 1 scoop of protein powder (20-34 grams/1/3 cup), 1/2 cup vegan protein yogurt, or 1/2 cup cottage cheese. Nutritional information is based on 1 serving of protein powder. To enjoy warm- Prepare the oats with just water/milk first, until liquid absorbed. Add your cocoa powder, sweetener, and protein of choice, and mix well. Add toppings and enjoy immediately.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 263| Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 128mg | Fiber: 12g